Director James Gunn giving his take on new 2021 version
DC FanDome is an event, geared for DC Comic fans, that features a jam packed event of panels, info on video games, and highly anticipated teasers, trailers and behind-the-scenes peaks of upcoming DC movies. The DC FanDome only lasts 48 hours, a two day event full of virtual events. The first day just happened on August 22, 2020 and the next is set for Sept 12, 2020 in case you missed day one.
As part of the first first wave of the virtual convention, James Gunn revealed video footage of behind-the-scenes production and in process scenes of “The Suicide Squad”. The star studded cast, as shown below, includes actors that will be be reprising their roles from the 2016 version (Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn) and also a huge list of stars to play DC villains. In an article by Variety, it was reported that Gunn dug deep into DC comics to find a wide range of villains for the movie and even invented a few villains from his own imagination for the project.
- Idris Elba plays Bloodsport
- Margot Robbie plays Harley Quinn
- Viola Davis plays Amanda Waller
- Sean Gunn plays Weasel
- Pete Davidson plays Blackguard
- Daniela Melchior plays Ratcatcher 2
- Joel Kinnaman plays Colonel Rick Flag
- Nathan Fillion plays TDK
- Jai Courtney plays Captain Boomerang
- Steve Agee plays the on-set King Shark and John Economos
- Mayling Ng plays Mongal
- David Dastmalchian plays Polka-Dot Man
- Alice Braga plays Sol Soria
- John Cena plays Peacemaker
- Juan Diego Botto plays Presidente General Silvio Luna
- Peter Capaldi plays The Thinker
- Michael Rooker plays Savant
- Flula Borg plays Javelin
- Joaquín Cosío is Mayor General Mateo Suarez
- Jennifer Holland plays Emilia Harcourt
- Storm Reid plays Tyla
Its not exactly clear if “The Suicide Squad” is a prequel, reboot or some other form of a non-sequel feature but, as was indicated by producer Peter Safran, that the movie will not be a direct sequel to the original, “It’s not Suicide Squad 2. It is not a sequel. I will leave that alone but, yes, it’s called The Suicide Squad.” Production of the film was wrapped before COVID, and the movie is scheduled to be released in theaters on August 6, 2021.
InforMinx may receive a small commission based on any purchases made by following links from this page.